Saturday, December 18, 2010

Challenge Cards

If you're here looking for the Inkspirations Blog Hop, please scroll down to the next post.
I have been busy again in the craft room, and not with Christmas cards! I've completed everything Christmas, so for me, it's time to move on to different cards! First up I have a card made for the CASE study challenge, and the Stampin' Royalty Challenge, which was to 'bring on the bling'
This was made using the colours and general feel of the card Nina created, I also used the same sponging technique, although, not nearly as well executed as Ninas. The stamp is from Hero Arts, and it is one I don't think I use often enough!
The second card is for the Clean & Simple FTL121 and the Stamping 411 colour challenge, which was to use Bravo Burgandy, More Mustard, and Night of Navy. I used these colours to create a birthday card for my Brother in law, who celebrates his birthday on Christmas day! 
I thought the sketch was perfect for a masculine card, as it was so simplistic, exactly what I need when it comes to cards for males!
Anyway, thanks for looking, and if you have time during this busy period, head over and participate in some wonderful challenges!

11 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, that butterfly is gorgeous! You've inspired me to sponge some butterflies!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

that is a gorgeous butterfly indeed!!! awesome cards!!!!

Fiona Harrison said...

Hi jess,

Great cards, that butterfly is amazing.
I got the calendars from Educational Experience. I ordered them on-line but their headquarters is actually on Oakdale Rd at Gateshead. They are www.edex.com.au, search for 'calendar tabs'.

Cheers,
Fi

Debgem said...

What fab cards. I love that butterfly - so pretty! Always like candles on a card.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, that butterfly is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

Sue Kohler said...

both cards are fabulous Jess! I love what you have done with the big butterfly, beautiful colours! thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Like you ... I am a little "over" Christmas Cards ... but I have committed to my "25 Days of Christmas Cards" ... so I am determined to get there! I will be keen to post something other than Christmas once it is past! These are both great Jess. Happy Christmas hunny! Hugs xxaxx

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful card. I love the butterfly. Very cute - and very creative. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

E.T said...

gorgeous cards! beautiful butterfly!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just popping by to share a special Christmas message with you ...
Andrea's Christmas Wish
Christmas Hugs xxaxx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely card, Jess! :) Thank you for joining us in this busy season, Happy New Year wishes to you!! xxx