Friday, December 31, 2010

CASE Study challenge #20, Simon Says Stamp

Another busy day for me, preparing for my upcoming Stamp Club ("Hi Ladies!!), so in between cutting and scoring a whole bunch of card stock, and messing up quite a few... I decided it was time for a break and make something else. This card was the 3rd attempt, and even it had a few hiccups along the way!

This is the first time in a long while that this stamp has been inked! I think the last time it saw ink was here, which now I look at and cringe a little. It's amazing to see how different my cards were to what they are now... I also used some paper that I bought on sale forever ago... and this is the first time I've cut into it! 
I loved the colour combination from Case Studys muse Nina Brackett used in her sample card, so have tried to mirror the colours, and the bow is also from Nina's wonderful card!
I think I need to pick up some black satin ribbon ASAP!
This is also being entered into the Simon Says Stamp Party/Celebrate challenge. Part of the challenge was to include bling or glitter.
Thanks for looking, and if I don't get online tomorrow, Happy New Year!

14 comments:

Aimes said...

I struggle to use stamps like this but you make it look easy! Love the flourish of bling too - bringin' the Mona Lisa into the 21st Century!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Annmaree (Emu) said...

awesome stamp, and LOVE that card, really cool!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!

TRACEY HANSHAW said...

oh wow, jess i love this, your cards since june have been immensley on the rise, could it be thats when you joined stampin' up! ?

keep up the great work, you have such a bright and amazing future and i am so looking forward to sharing it with you.

Manda said...

OMG can i has this one or have u posted it to someone else??

lotte chew said...

gorgeous~!nice stamp set!!!!
happy new year!

scrap joanny said...

Paris Chic :-)) i loved :-))

Sue Kohler said...

This is a stunner Jess,brilliant take on Nina's! the ribbon and the bling are real stand outs for me!! good luck with the rest of your workshop preparing! thanks for taking time out to play along with us! :)

Miss Magoo said...

I love it - the whole thing, image - bow - bling. So beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pink and black will ALWAYS be a great look together! I love the different patterns too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mandy said...

This is beautiful Jass, fab colour combo.
Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Andrea Ewen said...

Just beautiful Jess! Wonderfully vibrant colors and that Mona Lisa image is super fab! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Tessan said...

I really love your card, Mona-Lisa does the trick=)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous, Jess! The colours are great, I love that DP and the stamp you used! Thank you so much for playing along with us! xxx

annewalker said...

That was pretty awesome. Love the overall layout and colors. Pretty cool card. New Year 2014 is almost here, allow me to express my happy new year greetings to you and your family!
Anne Walker xoxox @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html