Thursday, November 18, 2010

Combined - 2S4Y Sketch 66 and Case Study 15

Hi all! I was in a bit of a mood with someone today, so I headed in to the craft room tonight, to see if I could work out the anger... It worked... I used two challenges for this card. The first being the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch, which I wasn't going to participate in this week, but then had a brain wave for...The second is the Case Study Challenge, which featured a circle, oh how I loathe circles...
Ok, so on to the details... I loved the colours of the Case Study card, created by Heather Pulvirenti, the beautiful colouring inspired me as did the scalloping with pearls and of course, a baby sentiment.... So, on my card, I have done some watercolouring (it's hard to see, I will try to get a better picture in the daylight) and used the same-ish colours... I also used a sentiment that could be for a new baby (Sneak peek of what is coming in the Summer Mini) and the beautiful pearl detail has been semi-replicated using mini pearls. 
I love how this turned out, it is much better IRL, and I will try to shoot a better photo to upload tomorrow. Don't forget my Blog Candy!

8 comments:

Heather P. said...

LOL, I'm glad you played along even though you are not a fan of circles... Your card is FAB! :)

Sandra said...

Lovely card Jess. You're watercolouring looks great!

Kristii said...

Very pretty card!!! I love the scallops with the bling accents!!!

Sue Kohler said...

what a great use for your anger Jess, love your card, the fern is a subtle addition! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study again this week! :)

Aimes said...

Hope you're feeling more upbeat now, Jess! I always find an inky session is a fab way to work out my moods!
Love your take on the CASE study this week - those colours work so well together! Thanks for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty! Love that yellow/green combination with the Kraft paper. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Kazan Clark said...

Kraft paper is one of my favs!! Great job on the sketch
Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
:) Kazan

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Fabnulous card, Jess! I love that fern stamp, must get it too :) Thanks so much for playing with us! xxx