Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sympathy Card for a Friend

I had the unfortunate news that a friends brother lost his fight with cancer today, so that meant making a Sympathy card, I find these really difficult to make, so I looked online for inspiration. I went back to the Just Add Ink Sympathy Challenge and found a card by Kim of Kim's Stamping Spot I loved the colours, and simplicity of this card, but I also wanted to participate in the Case Study Challenge again, I've used the same-ish layout but rotated it, and took inspiration from the big bow, which is something I rarely add to cards...
I used Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey and Night of Navy. I have embossed part of the White with my Bigshot and the Polka Dots folder, and layered this and the Blue on Grey. The ribbon retired Bashful Blue, which makes me a little sad, because it is beautiful. I'm not usually a fan of big bows on cards, because I like the mail-a-bility of smaller cards, but, I adore how this turned out. Once again, I used the Trendy Trees stamp set, in Night of Navy and Bashful Blue, I love how this set can be used for very different looking cards.... 
Thanks for looking 

3 comments:

Sue Kohler said...

What a beautiful card to let your friend know that you are thinking of her during this difficult time. Thank you for taking part in the CASE study challenge this week! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

This is a beautiful Sympathy card, I'm sure it will be a comfort to your friend to receive this. Wonderful job with our inspiration card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study Challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm sure your beautiful card will put a smile on your friend's face :)
Thank you for playing with us again! xxx